Saturday, October 30, 2010

Beef Stew For Soup At Work Wednesday 11/3

Except for Albondigas, I haven't brought a soup with beef as the featured ingredient since I started Soup At Work Wednesday last January. So this weekend I looked for some beef soup recipes. Most of what I found are beef stew recipes so that's what I'm going with. I'm thinking I'll thin it out a bit if needed with more stock. The recipe I chose is from Food Network's Tyler Florence, it's called The Ultimate Beef Stew.

The soup calls for chuck roast, red wine, some good herbs, orange zest, pearl onions, many of the usual veggies and some un-usual ones. I like the sound of the ingredients and the tartness they should bring. I'm looking forward to this one because it is not close to anything I've made before.

A couple of personal notes for this posting. The first is that this coming Wednesday the 3rd is Bertie's and my 25th anniversary. We are very proud of this coming special day. We have learned how difficult it is to keep a marriage alive and thriving. You have to be determined to stay together and work through all the challenges. A good long marriage is not for wimps. My advice to new couples is to expect highs and lows throughout your lives together. Growing up I used to wonder what my parents had to argue about after all the time they had been together (almost 54 years married)? My goodness, there can't be anything left, can there? Now I know there is and there always will be, it just depends how you handle them.

The second item of note is the wonderful gift my co-workers gave me last Friday. I received a very generous gift card from Cost Plus World Market. They gave me a nice card filled with very kind sentiments in appreciation for Soup At Work Wednesday. I appreciated this gesture more than words can describe. I am looking forward to spending more time at World Market spending the gift, I love that store. Thanks to all of my friends at work.

No comments: