Sunday, August 29, 2010

2 Soups, Mixed Success

I'm finding it interesting trying to analyze people's feedback on the soups. Take this evening for instance, as I mentioned in the last post I made two soups for a pool party potluck of about 30 people. One was Potato & Swiss Cheese and the other was Jalapeno & Cilantro.

Personally, the Potato and Swiss Cheese was okay. The Swiss cheese didn't melt into a nice creamy consistency, it clumped and was more chewy than I would have liked. The soup tasted fine but I couldn't get over the Swiss cheese and that ruined it for me. Based on the lack of compliments from the folks at the party and the amount of soup left over I'm guessing my opinion was shared.

The Jalapeno & Cilantro was really good, even though I forgot to bring the cilantro to toss in before serving! So, the better soup was missing a key ingredient but I did get several compliments on the Jalapeno & Cilantro. There was soup left over but not as much as the Potato & Swiss Cheese.

My opening comment about trying to figure out people's reactions to the soups has to do with getting criticism from friends about the soups. Will friends give honest criticism of a soup if it is not good? Are there comments and critiques that I'm missing out on because people are reluctant to hurt my feelings when I'm bringing soup to work or to a party?

No comments: